Job ID: 30191
Location: Dallas, TX
Job SummaryRegional acquisitions lead responsible for sourcing deals and driving industrial investment strategy in the Texas and Midwest markets, reporting directly to Head of Logistics. Responsible for the on-going management of acquisition process on behalf of internal and external clients. Prepares, recommends, and implements a portfolio-wide transaction strategy for acquiring and disposing of Industrial real estate investments. Structures and coordinates transaction management for development joint-ventures and value add, core-plus and core real estate investments.
Desired Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements real estate plans with an understanding of the client's strategic real estate goals. Collaborate with Head of Logistics, Research, Asset Management and Portfolio Management to define investment scope, prioritization of assignments, and adherence to client-driven priorities, commitments, and milestones in close cooperation
- Recognized regional market head responsible for developing and managing relationships with third-party brokers and other principals. Key firm representative at regional industry events.
- Source on and off-market transactions and negotiate the best business terms and conditions for Industrial real estate transactions for a wide variety of client investment programs.
- Oversee all aspects of the acquisition process including contract negotiation, due diligence, and transaction closing. Lead presenter to Investment Committee with support of acquisition team.
- Operates well in team environment with multiple stakeholders and effectively manages and mentors acquisition analysts.
- Review, drafts and creates a large variety of analyses and relevant documents, including but not limited to: project initiation, market comparable reports, Requests for Proposals (RFPs), proposal comparison packages, letters of intent, purchase and sale agreements.
- Understands how to review, study, and interpret financial analysis templates including cash flow projections, NPV (net present value), and IRR (internal rate of return) financial testing.
- Facilitates the development of a robust client investment report package. Prepares and delivers effective presentations to relevant parties.
- Monitors and maintains a real estate project tracking system to ensure timely transaction completion. Prepares reports and makes presentations to relevant parties.
Supervisory ResponsibilitiesProvides general support to the team in a manner which is complimentary to the company, including assistance and oversight such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. Lead project teams and/or plan, and supervise assignments of junior acquisition team members.
Desired QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, a person must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability desired.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and ExperienceBachelor's degree (BA/BS) from five-year college or university. Minimum 9 years+ of related experience and/or training and proven track-record of closing relevant transaction in the Texas and Central region
Communication SkillsProficient oral and written communications skills. Collaborates well in a team environment. Sensitive to clients’ needs and can develop relationships.
Financial KnowledgeRequires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and values. Ability to calculate complex figures. Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
Reasoning AbilityAbility to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires professional level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions. Draws upon the investigations of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the client.
Other Skills and/or Abilities
- Argus AE, Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Highly determined with the desire to grow and constantly learn. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Desire and ability to travel to regional markets on a regular basis.