Associate, Loan Asset Management
Job ID: 34709
Location: Los Angeles, New York
As one of the world’s leading real asset investment managers, we offer our more than 500 institutional clients across the globe access to our broad and deep platform to support their investments in real estate debt & equity and infrastructure in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific. CBRE Investment Management currently has over $125 billion in assets under management.
Our expertise ranges across investment solutions including equity and debt, direct and indirect, and listed and unlisted strategies. With a footprint of 32 offices in 22 countries, we can provide in-depth local market intelligence, proprietary research, and active management to execute strategies across the risk and return spectrum.
We have a team of more than 700 professionals who are committed to delivering world-class investment results and exceptional client service. All our work is guided by a corporate culture that puts the clients’ success at the core of what we do.
Job Title: Associate
Reports to: Americas Credit Strategies Fund Manager
Location: New York or Los Angeles
Role: We are looking for an Associate to join CBRE Investment Management’s Credit Strategies asset management team.
On behalf of its debut open-end credit fund, CBRE U.S. Credit Partners, the Credit Strategies team is presently focused on the direct origination of mortgage and mezzanine loans of $50-100M secured by lightly transitional assets across all major asset classes in the Top 35 MSAs across the United States. As Credit Partners achieves its scale ambitions, the Credit Strategies broader business strategy includes the launch of additional investment vehicles pursuing complementary investment strategies across the risk/return spectrum. Over time, the successful candidate will be expected to work across strategies, risk profiles and geographies.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Minimum of 2 - 5 years commercial real estate lending experience at a debt fund, top-tier alternative lender, brokerage firm, life company, servicer, or banking organization.
- Strong applicants with experience of direct real estate investment (rather than lending) will also be considered.
- Applicants with transactional experience in the primary CRE sectors (multifamily, office, industrial and retail) are preferred, while experience with emerging asset classes (student or workforce housing, data centers, self-storage, etc.) will be considered.
- Strong analytical skills
- Fluency with key real estate metrics (debt yields and debt service coverage ratios) and valuation methodologies (primarily discounted cash flow, direct capitalization, comparable sales and replacement cost).
- Strong Excel and Argus financial modelling skills is a pre-requisite.
- Exceptional written English – capable of writing high quality internal reports in a concise and professional manner.
- Extremely high attention to detail is a must.
- Strong sense of responsibility, and an ability to judge where it is necessary to seek guidance or make decisions.
- Managing and servicing a portfolio of commercial real estate loans
- Reviewing and approving major leases, capital budgets, operating budgets, capex reserve draws and loan future fundings
- Preparing detailed internal and external presentations regarding loan and collateral performance
- Maintaining communication with borrowers and reviewing and synthesizing monthly and/or quarterly financial statements and rent rolls to track loan credit statistics and monitor compliance with loan covenants
- Updating collateral cash flow projections and valuations on a quarterly basis
- Supporting the portfolio management team with the execution of asset level and fund-level financings, including engaging with banks, credit investors and rating agencies