Analyst/Associate - Business Development
We are looking to have an Analyst or Associate join our Business Development team in support of all business development efforts for Private Infrastructure including responding to RFPs, preparing proposals and marketing materials and decks, and supporting the sales process. This role will also work closely with various internal teams at CBRE Investment Management.
- Provide Coordinate and execute responses to requests for proposals (“RFPs”) for new business by
- Developing a deep understanding of the requirements and objectives of prospective clients that will inform RFP Responses including knowledge of CBRE Investment Management, the Private Infrastructure business, previous proposals, and existing client relationships
- Drafting responses to RFP questions; coordinating across business units to compile content, data and feedback
- Ensuring information is reviewed, compiled, and submitted in a timely manner
- Developing a deep understanding of procurement processes, including typical submission requirements, disclosure laws and relevant regulatory issues
- Develop presentations and ensure materials are up to date, accurate and consistent and support general business development efforts
- Assist in responding to ad-hoc information requests internally and from prospective clients ; coordinate with other business units to compile joint RFP responses that may include educational materials, sector analysis, summary of existing investments, and overview of legal/tax issues
- Provide analysis of current and potential investors and market conditions for existing and prospective clients; research and monitor potential future business opportunities (newswires and databases); ongoing monitoring of competitive environment
- Assist in tracking and reporting of business development activities to the Private Infrastructure management and CBRE Investment Management
- Assist with the development and updating of marketing materials as well as building the brand and awareness of the organization both on-line and in print; research relevant conferences, develop presentation materials for panels and workshops and maintain database of same
- 1-4 years of experience coordinating and executing responses to requests for proposals (RFPs) including compiling content and data, drafting responses to questions and coordinating across business units along with experience in the investment industry preferably in a business development/marketing role with knowledge of private markets (infrastructure preferred), investment banking, equity capital markets, institutional sales or corporate consulting; recent graduates will be considered and need to have the same relevant experience during summer internships or co-op terms
- Completion of a university degree -- business or marketing majors preferred -- with a strong academic record
- Proven exceptional written and oral communication skills, intellectual agility, and the ability to manage multiple workstreams simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research and prepare presentations and marketing materials; strong attention to detail
- Highly proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint; knowledge of database creation and management
Further, you are an ambitious self-starter, a solid team player with a positive attitude and possess high professional and ethical standards. You endeavour to perform work beyond what is required at your level and are willing to “roll up your sleeves” in an entrepreneurial environment to get work done as necessary. You have a demonstrated ability to be resourceful and persistent in gathering and assessing information and to quickly assimilate knowledge.
We value the strengths and contributions of our diverse workforce and offer continuous learning opportunities, giving our staff the flexibility to grow in their careers while enjoying a fast-paced, collaborative working environment.
CBRE Investment Management is one of the world’s leading real assets investment managers with $129.1 billion in assets under management. We offer more than 30 investment solutions globally, from direct and indirect real estate platforms and separate accounts across all sectors.